Pope’s shoes, unique Colnago bicycle, Jakub Błaszczykowski’s national team jersey – it’s just few a great gifts, that are given for the Misericordes project after Pope Francis’ pilgrimage. Auctions of these items are on We4Charity.com platform.
The auctions of nine unique pieces has started on August 19th and will end on September 15th. All the subjects are available on the “Misericordes” project’s site. The income from their sale will be dedicated to buy mobile clinics for war victims all around the world. Colnago bike, shoes, stole and Jakub Błaszczykowski’s jersey were given to the Holy Father in July and Pope passed them to the Misericordes project. Other subjects were given by eminent athletes.
There are auctions of:
* unique Colnago Tour de Pologne bike – given to Holy Father by the organizers of the biggest cycling race in Poland. Colnago bikes are considered cult, the greatest cyclists have used them. Also saint John Paul II has used such a bike.
* Pope Francis’ shoes, given Him on July 31st during the blessing of the house for elderly and disabled on Campus Misericordiae in Brzegi and handed over by Him for charity. They are made from veal leather on Italian sole extra light type. Shoes in 43 size (28.8 cm of foot length) hand made with care for etery detail in production warehouse of Conhpol company in Stanisław Górny.
* replica of two-and-a-half meter Pope’s stole. Original one was hand embroidered by the citizen of Wieliczka who has dedicated almost 230 hours for that. There are Pope’s insignia, WYD logo and saint Kinga character.
* autographed Jakub Błaszczykowsk’s national team jersey. One of the Best Polish players who scrored two goals during EURO 2016 was the ambassador of the World Youth Day.
* unique starting T-shirt of Rafał Sonik, the first Polish driver to win Dakar – the hardest rally of the world. It was in 2015. This is the T-shirt the great driver wore during races of World Cup!
* sand from Argentina’s desert from the 2nd stage of Dakar 2015. It is where Rafał Sonik made the first step to win the title after overtaking exhausted Ignacio Casale.
* Krzysztof Hołowczyc’s cup from Baja Poland rally in 2011. Orlen Team (also Jean-Marc Fortin) not only won the trophy but also helped the main opponent Stephan Peterhansel, 12-times Dakar rally winner, during the race.
* Stephan Lefebvre autographed gloves, rally world champion in WRC3 and Junior WRC in 2014. In these gloves French driver took part in Rally Poland, world cup qualifiers.
* „Fetela Rally Team” T-shirts autographed by the rally driver Piotr Fetela. This year he took part in all the USA rally championship qualifiers, sometimes he was on podium.
Campaign is a response to Pope Francis appeal who said during the vigil before Divine Mercy: „How beautiful it would be to have as a reminder, a “memorial” as it were, […] during this Year of Mercy, an institutional expression of mercy: a hospital, a home for the elderly, for abandoned children, a school where none exists...”
On September 4th will start also the auction of three cars that Francis used during his pilgrimage in Poland. These are navy Volkswagen Golfs with K1 POPE, K2 POPE, K3 POPE number plates, blessed by cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz few weeks ago.